A few days ago, Sylvia and I started working on our "Veil" song. When Sylvia initially sent me its outline, I knew it would be fast, 262bpm (beats per minute), have changing Time Signatures (7/4, 5/4 and 3/4) and be in a very electrified, heavy metal, guitar style. As I started assembling this song, and pulling in its details, that information continued to expand.
Up until today, I couldn't get the Vocals (my singing) to match the "rhythm" and "speed" of the guitar part. As I continued to try and fit everything together, Sylvia mentioned that I was missing a piece. It was a supporting guitar part, which would enhance the Vocals and not compete with them. Once I added it, everything started to make sense.
So far, Sylvia and I have 14-hours in this song.
- We knew our Korg Krome (keyboard) had some "guitar" instruments but we didn't know just how incredible they were. On this song, we used 2 different heavy metal, power guitars. One provides real guitar-amp feedback (high-pitch squealing) when a key is held down and the other produces several different guitar "fret", "chord" and "slide" noises, when certain keys on the keyboard are pressed.
- Listening to the guitar parts, as we played-back the song, made us think of a "real", electric guitar. I had to keep telling myself "I didn't play a real guitar. THAT was the keyboard."
In setting-up our Korg Krome for this song, we learned something that we "thought" we knew about the alternative Tuning we were using.
- For all of the songs on this upcoming album, whenever possible, we changed the Tuning of our instruments from "A=440" to "A=432". We thought that's all there was to it.
- I don't remember "why" but just before checking the Tuning of the guitar for this song, I went online to lookup the "A=432" adjustment information and, according to the article below, the instrument (our Krome keyboard, in this case) also needs an alternative "Temperament", such as the "Pythagoras Temperament". (The "Temperament" is the calculation used to determine the Pitches set for the other keys.)
- So, by simply lowering the frequencies by 8Hz (8-cycles per second) all of the Pitches were calculated with the Cabal's "Equal Temperament" system.
- At least for our "Veil" song, the "Tuning" AND "Temperament" will be correct.
Here's the link to the "Tuning" article:
This Channeled message is through Sheldon Nidle. Here are some excerpts:
- "Your world is quickly preparing for a surprise that is to truly shock all! The Light has been forced to wait for the proper time in which to strike… The Light is prepared to conclude this odd part of your history. The dark believes that the Light is incapable of launching the type of massive counterattack required to put a quick end to their shenanigans. Meanwhile, our fleet has been ordered by Heaven to do exactly that."
- "We fully expect this coming time to be one that can finally mirror what we have told you previously."
Here's the link: