In replying to a question on our "WordPress" Blogsite today, I noticed that most of my formatting has either been changed or isn't there. I go to a lot of effort to make sure Sylvia and my information is clear and at least "fairly easy" to read. I've mentioned before that I always start each night's Posting in Apple's "Mail" program and do all of my formatting there. Then I Copy that text, before sending it out to that List, and Paste it into a text-space on our "Weebly" Blogsite.
- When I 1st did this, I checked everything and "WordPress" was automatically accepting Weebly's formatting information but when I went from Apple's "Mail" program and Pasted it directly into "WordPress", the formatting wasn't as intact. So I developed this method: "Mail" to "Weebly" to "WordPress" to "Facebook".
I've also mentioned before that "Weebly" is more flexible and easier to use than "WordPress", in "my" opinion. We started with "Weebly" but they don't provide an "Social interaction" features. So we have to use WordPress. Now, it looks as though WordPress is not understanding Weebly's formatting codes.
- Note: I really don't like using all those Bulleted (•) characters but it's the only way I know to get WordPress and Weebly to Indent text. I haven't found an "Indent without Bullet" feature on either Site.
I guess I'm explaining all this just to say: "It's not my fault". I really didn't mean to bunch-up all of the text.
If you'd like to compare the exact same text and "what should have been" the exact same formatting (between "Weebly" and "WordPress"), visit our Weebly Blogsite and compare them.
Here's the link:
- Note: I just Pasted tonight's text into a WordPress page and it looks fine. Maybe this is why I've never noticed this before… Maybe WordPress processes this text after I click the "Publish" button and this is when it changes.
Since Sylvia and I are Musicians who use various types of Synthesizers in our music, we thought we'd pass-along a web page which we just discovered…
The following link is to a web page which has been contains a "Browser-based" Modular Synthesizer ("synth" for short).
- A "Synthesizer" is simply a musical instrument which allows you to combine various components / attributes / features, in order to create sounds. (That's "my" basic definition.)
- The "Modular" aspect simply let's you know that the "Synthesizer" will not make any sound unless you connect 2 or more of its "features" together.
- (I wrote it out like that because, these days, I have to take into consideration "analog synths", "digital synths", "digital-analog synths", "software-based synths", "guitar synths", "keyboard synths", etc. This does not include "non-synthesizers", such as "keyboards", such as "pianos" and "organs", or "Samplers" — technology which allows you to "record" and / or "play-back" your own sounds.)
When looking at the "Synthesizer" on the following page, don't let it overwhelm you. Take a mental step back and see the "components". (I talk about this more in my free book "Macintosh Troubleshooting Efficiency".) Look at the letters across the top:
- "VCO" = Voltage Controlled Oscillator (produces sound)
- "VCF" = Voltage Controlled Filter (changes the character of a sound)
- "VCA" = Voltage Controlled Amplifier (boosts a sound)
- "ENV" = Envelope or Envelope Generator (shapes a sound)
- "ADSR" = Attack, Decay Sustain Release ("Attack" how fast the sound starts to be heard, "Decay" near-hold point, "Sustain" hold-the-key and "Release" how fast the sound fades.)
- "RING" = Ring Modulation (typically produces the "Sum" and the "Difference" of 2 different sounds. (creates metallic sounds)
- "LFO" = Low Frequency Oscillator (controls various aspects, such as the opening and closing of the Filter and Amplifier and can even cause changes in Pitch.
To understand a little of what you'll be looking at, just think of the sound as being created on the far left (in 1 or both of the VCOs) and then travelling to the right… through the Filter, then the Amplifier and then the Output. Of course, you'll need to connect 1 or both Envelope Generators to the Filter and / or Amplifier, so the synth can automatically open and close the "doors" (turn the knobs, internally) of the Filter and Amp when a key is pressed.
These are just the basics of what can be done with a Synthesizer, even a simple creation like the 1 on the following web page.
- (That became more of a "rabbit hole" than I 1st imagined. I guess Sylvia suggested I provide this information because it will help whenever we talk about our upcoming album.)
Here's the link:
Here's the link to our computer book (mentioned above) as well as a few other items, which you can download for free:
If anyone's interested in a good "music-review" / "music technology" website, Sylvia and I like "SonicState. Here's the link:
This is today's message from "Gaia Portal":
- "Galactic alignments are viewed in the quantum envelope."
- "Calendrical alignments fail."
- "Quantum harmonics portend tsunamis of alterations of perspective."
- "Mesmerizing of the hu-masses ends."
My comments: This is 1 of the few Postings by "Gaia Portal" that I somewhat understand… and this message, "IF" it's true, is VERY good news! I especially like the last 2 lines but the most important, to me and Sylvia, is that last line. To us, it basically means:
- the illusions ends
- the "Veil" is removed
What "I" want to know… the biggest piece of the puzzle "I'm" working on is… "WHEN"… "When" will the "mesmerizing" end? I've been searching, every breathing moment (for the last 258-weeks), for the answer to that question.
Here's the link: